The benefits of almond for skin, hair and nails and how to use this nutrient
According to Almond Board in California, eating 23 almonds per day is a simple and easy way to enjoy health. Almond is one of the most important nutrients for our body. In the next section of Payam Salamat magazine discuss about one of the properties of almond, and also the benefits of almond for skin, hair and nails.
Almond is an excellent source of the following materials:
• Vitamin E
This seed is naturally free of salt and low sugar. Almond oil is one of the most commonly used natural oils in the cosmetic world, because it enriches of antioxidants, including vitamin E and various plant chemicals, and protects body.
Almond and its oil has contained omega-3 fatty acids that are useful for skin and hair care.
Benefits of Almond for skin, hair and nails
One of the benefits of almond for skin, hair and nails is boosting health of the skin. This seed can reduce the damages which is caused by the sun and feed the skin from the inside. High levels of vitamin E in almonds can help to fight the damage caused by free radicals and even oxidative damage that can affect your skin.
A study published in the 2007 by Cosmetic Dermatology magazine reported that topical use of almond oil can protect skin from UV. It can even reverse the previous damage.
Other studies published in Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice in 2010 emphasize that the properties of almond oil is softening, which improves the skin’s appearance and softening properties.
• Massage the body with almond oil for 5 minutes after bathing.
• For once a week, scrub with soaked 10 almonds and make some honey
• Once a week, use this scrub to remove dead skin cells.
• To increase the health of your skin from the inside, add 2 to 3 teaspoons of sweet almond oil to a cup of hot milk and drink it daily.
Reduce wrinkles and lines
It does not to say that almond can also eliminate wrinkles and lines.
Vitamin E, a potent antioxidant in almonds, is essential for rebuilding of new skin cells, which makes skin moisturize. Also, it can help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, delicate lines, blurred beneath the eyes, as well as skin spots due to aging.
In addition, almonds have a lot of proteins that improve the skin’s structure.
• For daily treatment, apply a little bitter almond oil on the wrinkles.
• Massage for at least 5 minutes.
• Do this every night before bedtime.
• Mix 1 tablespoon of almond powder, 1 egg whites and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
• Apply it to the face.
• Allow to dry, then rinse the skin with warm water.
• Once or twice a week, use this method.
Improve hair health
Are you suffering from hair loss, hair thinning, hair bleeding, or itching scalp? Almond oil responds to many of these hair problems. Rich almonds are essential nutrients such as vitamin E, biotin, manganese, copper and fatty acids, and cause hair growth.
This oil has a deep penetration in the hair and softens the skin and reduces inflammation. In addition, zinc in almond oil causes renewing of new cells. In fact, zinc deficiency often causes hair loss.
• Massage your scalp with a little almond oil which is mixed with a few drops of rosemary oil and lavender with circular movements.
• Wait 2 hours.
• Then shampoo your hair regularly.
• Do this 2 to 3 times a week.
• 3 tablespoons of almond oil, 2 tablespoons of castor oil, and 2 or 3 tablespoons of petals of almonds for a few minutes.
• Let it cool.
• Then massage your scalp with this substance for 10 minutes.
• Cover your head with a towel and wait for 1 hour.
• Then wash the hair with a shampoo.
• Do this once a week.
Treatment of darkness under the eyes
Almond oil is also useful for treating darkness of beneath eyes. Almond oil with vitamins and nutrients can nourish subtle skin under the eyes and eliminate its darkness. Use each of the following methods every day to make to disappear blur below:
• Massage underneath your eyes with a few drops of almond oil.
• Wait for a night.
• The next morning, rinse those areas with cold water.
• Add 5 or 6 drops of almond oil with 1 tablespoon of raw honey.
• Before going to bed, apply it gently to the skin below the eyes.
• Wait for a night.
• Then wash the skin with cold water in the next morning.
Eliminating the blur of the lips
You can also use almond oil to shine the lips. It has a lot of essential nutrients that nourish your lips and softens and enhances the properties of softening and moisturizing with almonds. In addition, antioxidant properties of almonds eliminate darkness on the lips.
• Apply a few drops of almond oil on the lips and gently massage.
• Do this before bedtime.
• Mix the equal amount of castor oil and almond oil.
• Use this combination to massage your lips once or twice a day.
• Mix 5 or 6 drops of almond oil with 1 teaspoon of honey and lemon juice.
• Put this combination on your lips and wait 10 minutes.
• Then rinse it with warm water.
• Use this method for soft and lips twice daily.
Treatment for skin dysfunction
Almond oil can help to keep your skin soft and smooth. Its antioxidant properties eliminate damages of free radicals and create anti-aging benefits. In addition, thanks to the moisturizing properties of this material, it improves skin texture after use.
• Heat a little almonds in a microwave.
• Apply it to the dull skin.
• Massage the oil gently with your fingertips for 10 minutes, using circular movements and in the upright position.
• Use this method daily before bedtime.
Reinforcing weak nails
You can also use almond oil to nourish your nails. Vitamin E and other antioxidants in this material are effective in preventing nail weakness. Its moisturizing properties also helps to keep the nails healthy and moist.
Hand massage with almond oil improves blood circulation and makes nails stronger and healthier.
• Massage a few drops of almond oil to your nails for a few minutes.
• Wear cotton gloves and sleep.
• Next morning, rinse your nails with warm water.
• Repeat this beautiful beauty methods every day.
Avoid cracking the skin
The benefits of almond for skin, hair and nails are also very effective in preventing and treating the symptoms of cracking the skin. It protect with its antioxidant properties from collagen fibers in the skin and prevents free radical to damage. This process keeps the collagen fibers strong and increases the tensile strength of the skin. This prevents cracking.
• Heat some almond oil.
• Apply warm oil to the crackers.
• Massage the area by using hands and circular movements for a few minutes.
• Use this treatment 2 to 3 times a day.
• To maximize it benefits, maintain almonds in your diet. Because it is rich in vitamin E.
Thick and darkened eyebrows
Almond oil can thicken and darken eyebrows. Protein as well as nutrients like vitamin E in almond oil can improve the health and thickness of the eyebrows. This material can darken your eyebrows.
• Put a few drops of hot almond oil on top of your fingers and apply on your eyebrows.
• Gently massage the substance over the eyelids for a few minutes to promote blood circulation.
• Wait for one night.
• Wash it with warm water the next morning.
• Do this a few months to reach the desired result.
Almond is also useful for treating dandruff. Almond oil dramatically penetrates the skin and deeply moisturizes the affected area. As a result, the scaling of the skin and itching will be disappeared.
To combat with dandruff, use the following procedure:
• Mix equal amounts of almond oil and Neman oil.
• Massage it on your scalp.
• Wait a night.
• Wash it the next morning.
• Do this 2-3 times a week.