Redness of face and home made remedies
Face redness can be a sign of unhealthy skin, or sometimes caused by a simple problem, such as embarrassment. In addition, redness on the face can lead inflammation, burning sensation, itching and pain and it can discomfort you. In any case, if you are looking for a cure of redness, do not miss this part of Health Magazine. Because we will refer to some natural, simple, and homemade ways to treat this disorder that we talk in the following.
Over- redness of face can occur for a variety of reasons. Common causes of this disorder are:
• Entrance to premenopausal period
• Tearing capillaries
• Excessive dry skin
Some other causes of redness on the face are:
• Sun burn
• Exposure to cold weather
• Staying in a hot environment for a long time
• Drink alcohol
• Excessive stress in life
Fortunately, home remedies are a simple and effective remedy of face redness that can cure the symptoms of hot flashes which is caused by any kind of factor.
Face redness treatment
Ice crush is very effective in counteracting the mild redness that is created on the face. Low temperatures allow blood vessels under the skin to shrink and minimize redness. This treatment face redness also reduces itching and inflammation.
• Take a few ice molds into a towel.
• Slowly apply this compress for 1 minute.
• Repeat this treatment after 10 minutes again.
• Repeat this treatment whenever skin is red.
Note: Do not put ice directly to the skin, as it can cause burns and damage the skin cells.
You can also use Aloe Vera for to treat face redness. Aloe Vera has a sedative effect on the skin and anti-inflammatory properties, which can reduce inflammation, irritation and dry skin.
• Wash a leaf of aloe Vera and extract the gel inside it.
• Apply the gel to the skin.
• Allow this gel to dry in the vicinity of air.
• Then wash the skin with warm water and dry with a soft towel.
• Repeat this procedure several times a day to eliminate redness.
A very common remedy for reddening is the use of colloidal oatmeal. It has a moisturizing effect on the skin and can treat redness which caused by dryness and eczema. It has anti-inflammatory properties that helps reducing inflammation. In addition, colloidal oatmeal can balances pH of the skin.
A study published in the Journal of Drugs in Dermatology in 2007 states that colloidal oatmeal has moisturizing, soothing, protective, and anti-inflammatory properties.
• Mix 2 or 3 tablespoons of colloidal oatmeal with water to obtain a paste.
• Apply this dough on the face.
• Let this dough stay on for 15 to 20 minutes. Then rinse it with warm water.
• Use this treatment every day until the red is gone.
Cucumber contains many vitamins and minerals and is one of the fruits which is famous to be watery. So it can completely hydrate the skin. In addition, the astringent nature of this material it can shrink blood vessels in the skin. This will reduce the redness of the skin.
Also, the effect of cucumber cooling feature can be relaxed in the inflamed skin. In addition, cucumber is very useful to reduce burning and swelling of skin.
• Slice the cucumber into pieces.
• Leave it in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
• Put the frozen cucumbers on the skin for a minute.
• Every time cucumber is heated on your skin, replace it with another piece of cold cucumber.
• Do this 10 to 15 minutes.
• Repeat this treatment several times a day.
Polyphenols in green tea have youthful properties on the skin and can help to reduce any kind of redness on the face. Green tea also has anti-inflammatory properties, helping the blood vessels to shrink under the skin and reduce redness and inflammation.
• Put a cup of green tea in the fridge for 30 minutes.
• Soak a clean cloth in cold tea.
• Put it on your face for a few minutes.
• Repeat this 2 or 3 times a day to get effective results.
Fascinator hazel also helps to combat redness on the face. The natural astringent effect of this substance reduces blood vessels and subcutaneous cavities, thus reducing redness on the skin. It contains tannin that helps to control inflammatory responses to the skin.
• Soak a piece of cotton in some liquid extract of the hazelnut.
• Keep it on the skin of the affected area for 5 minutes.
• Repeat this treatment 2 or 3 times a day for a few days.
Manuka honey is rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, which helps reduce the redness of the skin caused by acne. It has antibacterial properties. That’s why it plays a role in fighting bacteria which is involved in causing acne that causes the skin to become red.
In addition, Manuka honey has a moisturizing effect and keeps the skin moist.
• Slowly apply some honey on the skin.
• Let it sit on the skin for 15 to 20 minutes.
• Then rinse the skin with warm water.
• Then use a gentle moisturizer.
• Do this once a day.
Apple cider vinegar has anti-inflammatory properties and helps to reduce redness of the face. It also improves inflammation, eczema and rosacea. The natural acidic of it causes the skin to stay away from germs which caused inflammation and redness, and to disinfect it.
• Mix the same amount of water and apple vinegar.
• Pour a piece of cotton in this mix.
• Damage it to the skin and wait 10 minutes.
• Wash the skin with warm water.
• Do this once a day.
• 2 teaspoons of uncooked apple cider vinegar and add a teaspoon of raw honey into a cup of refined water.
• Drink this mixture twice a day.
Another natural remedy for treating redness is the coconut oil. High amounts of fatty acids in coconut oil reduce inflammation and regenerate the skin. Also, its moisturizing properties treat dry skin, which is one of the common causes of redness.
• Soak a piece of cotton in pure molten coconut oil and massage it gently onto damaged parts of the skin.
• Stay for one night and wash the skin the next morning.
• Repeat this treatment for several weeks.
• Add 2 or 3 drops of tea tree oil with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
• Apply this mixture to the affected area.
• Wait 15 to 20 minutes.
• Then rinse the skin with water.
• You can take this treatment 2 or 3 times a day.
Aspirin is very effective for the treatment of mild redness on the face. Aspirin contains salicylic acid, which shrinks the blood vessels and improves inflammation of face.
• Pour 1 or 2 tablets of aspirin into powder.
• Make this powder dipped with enough water.
• Apply dough to the affected area by using a piece of cotton.
• Let the skin touch the dough for 10 minutes. Then clean it with water.
• Use this treatment twice a day.
Additional Tips on Facial Redness
• Recognize those factors which boost the redness and inflammation and avoid using them.
• Avoid using rigid soaps and containing chemicals on face. These detergents can cause irritation and redness of the skin.
• When purchasing skin care products, always check the ingredients on their packaging to avoid skin irritation.
• After washing your face, always use a moisturizing cream or lotion to create moisture and prevent skin dryness.
• Always clean your makeup before going to bed to prevent the accumulation of soil and bacteria that can block the pores of the skin.
• Do not touch your face too much.
• When you need to go under the sunlight, wear a hat and use sunscreens.
• Reduce and block stress in your daily life and minimize or prevent skin redness.
• Drinking too much water helps to prevent dehydration. Water shortages in the body can cause excessive dryness of the skin.
• Eating foods like carrots, sweet potatoes, apple, celery, coconut, cucumber, melon, peach, papaya, spinach and broccoli are useful for nourishing the skin from inside of your body.
• Avoid hot snacks, hot drinks, caffeine and alcohol. Such foods only exacerbate your skin problem.
• If you have redness on your face with swelling, especially in the lips or tongue, or if you have severe respiratory problems, consult your doctor immediately.