Since winter is approaching rapidly, the dryness and flaking of the elbow also incidence quickly. The dryness and flaking of the elbow is a common and really annoying problem. If it is severe, itching and bleeding may even occur.
Skin around the elbow is thicker than the rest of the body and has fewer glands to keep skin moist and smooth. The weather is cold and dry in the winter and it removes moisture not only from the air, but also from the skin. With the exception of the weather, there are other reasons to have elbow dryness and scaling. These are:
• Performing repetitive movements with elbows
• Spend a lot of time in the pool
• Use enriched-chemical skin care products
• Bathing with hot water
• Exposure to UV rays
• Use of central heating and fireplace systems that dry the air.
In some cases, dry skin may be a symptom of underlying illnesses such as:
No matter how your elbow become dry, it is important to learn how to handle the dentures and flap of the elbow and restore the softness and moist of this part of your body.
Natural treatments for dryness and elasticity
Peeling elbow is the first and most important step to get rid of the elasticity of the skin and scaling. This method can eliminate dead cells and promote growth of healthy skin.
It is recommended to use this method when the skin is wet and warm, for example after bathing. You can remove the dead skin cells on the elbows by using a bath bag, wash clothes, and even soft stones, to reduce the dryness of the scaling elbow.
After peeling, rinse the area thoroughly with cold water and dry, then apply a few drops of olive oil or some moisturizing lotion to keep the moisture on the skin.
Exfoliate your skin once or twice a week.
Vaseline is a normal softener that is easily found in almost all homes. This material is another effective factor for treatment of dryness and itching of skin of elbow. Its moisturizing properties can help wrinkles which is caused by dry skin.
It also acts as a thick barrier of skin and moisturizes it by locking the moisture on this part of the body.
• Before bed, wash your elbows thoroughly with water and slowly peel the dried skin.
• Apply a thick layer of Vaseline to the elbow.
• pack the elbow by clean bandage
• Next morning, clean the elbows with warm water.
• Repeat this every day.
Coconut oil is very moisturizing and therefore very effective in treating the dryness and flaking of the elbows. It has vitamin E oil and can help to reduce skin dryness. Coconut oil is also effective in restoring darkness and skin damage.
• Heat a little coconut oil in the microwave.
• Rub the warm oil to your elbow slowly and without any pressure.
• Massage skin of elbow, so that the oil penetrates deeply into the skin.
• Do it after showering and before bed.
• Repeat this every day to heal skin dryness.
• You can use olive oil or almond oil instead of coconut oil.
Olive oil and brown sugar
The brown sugar texture and the moisturizing properties of olive oil are a great blend of home-made scrubs. While brown sugar destroys dead skin cells, olive oil deeply moisturizes the skin.
• In a small bowl, combine ¼ cup brown sugar with about ¼ cup olive oil.
• Stir the ingredients to make it smoother.
• Optionally add a little honey.
• Massage the scrub with gentle, circular motions for a few minutes.
• Wait 10 minutes after the massage.
• Then remove the scrub with warm water from the skin.
• Use this scrub once or twice a week.
Aloe Vera is a wonderful natural moisturizer that can help treating dandruff and scaling the elbows. It can keep the skin moist and also treat skin cells that are damaged by excessive sunburn. This material is very useful for keeping skin clean.
• Extract the gel inside an Aloe Vera broth leaf.
• Apply the gel to your elbow.
• Let this material stay on the skin for about 20 minutes, then rinse it with warm water.
• Repeat this treatment 1 or 2 times a day for several weeks.
Honey is an amazing natural moisturizer for treating dandruff and scaling the elbows. This material penetrates into the skin and moisturizes it. Also, it creates a natural coating on the skin and prevents moisture from getting out.
• Put organic and raw honey on the elbow.
• Wait 20 minutes and then rinse the skin with warm water.
• Use this treatment 1 or 2 times a day to treat the dryness and flaking of the elbow.
• Mix the same amount of honey and rich milk.
• Apply this mixture to dry skin.
• Wait 10 minutes, then take a shower.
• Repeat this treatment every day.
The sedative and nutritious properties of oatmeal can help to treat elbow dryness. It not only eliminates the accumulated dead cells, but also makes the skin soft and moist. In addition, it is helpful in reducing the itching of the skin caused by dryness.
• Mix 1 cup of oatmeal in a hot tub that filled with hot water.
• Soak your body and elbows for 10 minutes.
• Then wash your body with clean water and dry with a towel.
• Then use a high-quality moisturizer.
• Do this once a day.
• 2 tablespoons of oatmeal with milk to make paste.
• Put the dough on the elbow and wait a few minutes.
• Clean the dough with cold water and dry your skin.
• Repeat this once a day.
Chia Butter acts as a great moisturizer for the skin and eliminates the dryness of the skin. It contains vitamins A and E, as well as essential fatty acids that hydrate the skin. Chia butter is easily absorbed on the skin without creating fat.
• Place a small amount of Chia butter in your palm and rub it between hands to melt.
• Apply the butter on the skin.
• Massage the skin for a few minutes to absorb the butter.
• Wait a night.
• Next morning, wash the skin with lukewarm water.
• Repeat this every day as needed.
Glycerin is another common moisturizer that is suitable for treating dandruff and scaling of the elbow. Glycerin keeps the skin moist, reduces dryness, and softens the skin. In fact, glycerin is a very good moisturizer.
• Mix glycerin and water (or rose water) equally and apply to your dry elbow.
• Wait 20 minutes before washing with warm water.
• Do this twice a day.
• Mix 1 tablespoon of glycerin and the same amount of coconut oil.
• Before bed, massage your elbow with this material.
• Next morning, rinse the elbow with cold water.
• Do this every day.
Rubbing the skin of the banana on the elbow is also helpful for dry skin treatment. The fatty acids in the skin help to hydrate the skin and reduce symptoms such as dryness and itching. Also, anti-oxidants help to reduce the skin’s darkness. In addition, it reduces the damage that caused by sunlight.
• Slowly massage the inner part of the skin of the banana onto the elbow with circular movements of 5 to 10 minutes.
• Wait at least 20 minutes.
• Then rinse the skin with cold water.
• Do this 2 to 3 times a day until you get positive results
Other tips to heeling dandruff and scaling of elbow
• Use a soothing cream to hydrate the skin and prevent moisture from dying.
• Drink plenty of water during the day and avoid drinking sugary drinks and caffeine, which may cause skin illness.
• Keep healthy fats in your diet so you can keep the skin moist and keep it soft and tender.
• Use lukewarm water while bathing. Because hot water dries the skin.
• Do not use a lot of amount water and chemical soap to wash your elbows.
• After bathing, gently dry skin with a soft towel and use a good moisturizer to keep moisture.
• Use proper clothing to prevent dry skin. Natural fibers like cotton are recommended to prevent skin irritation.
• Do not use soap and strong skin care products. These materials may cause dry skin.
• Do not rub the skin. This only provokes the skin.
• Check the list of ingredients in your moisturizer to not contain strong chemicals.
• Before bed, apply a moisturizing elbow and wear leggings.
• If you are exposed to dandruff, reduce your temperature of your home slightly.
• Use aerator to increase the humidity of the house.
• Avoid swimming for a long time in chlorinated water and take a shower after swim.